Sit & Spin Records is located in South Philadelphia.
We are open 7 days a week and we always have a buyer on staff. When bringing us your collection, please allow us a sufficient amount of time to inspect the condition and determine the value of each record. We pay well for clean collections and prefer some genres over others. Read our buying guide below for more details. You are welcome to call ahead to make an appointment. You can also email us with photos and/or a list of your collection.
DO YOU HAVE A LARGE COLLECTION OF 200+ RECORDS?
Our buying team is prepared to travel for large collections that include records, CDs, cassettes and other music related merchandise and memorabilia. Before calling for an appointment, please review our buying guide below.
SIT & SPIN RECORDS BUYING GUIDE:
Records, CDs and cassettes must be with their original covers and cases. All media should be clean with no scratches, mold, mildew or warping. Covers and all accompanying artwork should also be in good condition as this will also affect the overall value of your collection.
- We buy new and old records but prefer these genres:
- ✓ PUNK (hardcore, 77, 80s, 90s, oi, ska, emo, etc.)
- ✓ METAL (thrash, doom, death, black metal, noise, grind, etc.)
- ✓ ROCK (hard rock, Goth, psych, garage, power pop, new wave, blues, classic rock, etc.)
- ✓ JAZZ (Prestige, Blue Note, private press, free jazz, etc.)
- ✓ FUNK, SOUL, BLUES
WE DON'T BUY
X CLASSICAL (orchestral, symphonic, etc.)
- X BROADWAY (musicals, stage & screen, show tunes)
- X BIG BAND & SWING
- X CHRISTMAS & CHILDREN’S
- X 78s
CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
- Before you call, please have the collection in front of you so we can ask some questions such as:
- Where are you located?
- Approximately how many items do you have?
- What musical genre, style and era are your records?
- How have your records been stored over time?
- Can you describe the average condition of the items in your collection?